Update 4 is being rolled out now via the Act! notifications and slipstreamed into new installs.
You just keep hoping that they’ll eventually get some stability and not need to keep continually patching a product that had it’s release delayed and still manages to look like it was released too early.
They still haven’t touched on many of the bugs I’ll be posting as soon as I’ve got through documenting them
Maybe if someone at Swiftpage actually knew how to use the product, these errors wouldn’t keep slipping through the cracks? I guess that’s too much to ask.
To install it on a current system (it will slipstream into any new install):
- Open act! by right-clicking on the Act! icon and selecting “Run as Administrator”
- When Act! opens, pull down the Help menu and select “Act! Notifications”
- You’ll get a pop-up toaster in the bottom-right of your screen. Click on that.
- Follow the prompts to backup your database, Download the update and install.
- If using act! for Web, you’ll need to restart IIS
- Global Toolbar hard line is too long.
- Truncation in Schedule Activity Availability Tab
- Truncation - Activity Series Templates
- Truncation in Preferences Email & outlook Sync tab
- Missing Translation and Truncation in Email System Setup Outlook Address Books page
- Truncation display on “Manage Contact Sync Sets” dialog.
- Truncation - Copy Move Contact Data Dialog
- Truncation occurs on Filter dialog
- Text truncation on set password dialog
- Truncation - Setup Assistant
- Unlocalized when select database in Outlook Synchronization Preferences Dialog
- Truncated and hidden text on "Record not found" query dialog
- Truncated text in Relate Contact dialog
- Truncated text on Save Copy As
- Truncated text in Outlook Sync preferences
- Truncated text in Activity Reminder
- Truncation on Preferences > Admin
- Truncated text on Browse button when adding Address Book to Email Setup Wizard
- The user list is not saved after adding user in Manage Sender Profiles dialog
- TS - Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to create/edit/write (other template) using the Act! Word Processor
- TS - 64-bit Outlook crashes when trying to send an email (Office 365)
- TS - APFW - Word addin cannot generate history if act.Web.OutlookWebServiceAddress is defined
- TS - APFW/APC - Create new contact with Relationships tab selected causes logout
- APFW - Timeout closing connections after timeout period even if active
- Outlook addins - buttons in toolbar do not sync contacts or calendar in 64-bit Office